By: Sophia Romero
The semester is winding down and the holidays are upon us. Whether you are celebrating the festivities in your college town—or your hometown, here is a bucket list composed of fun activities to ring in the holiday spirit.
- Decorate the Christmas Tree: This is a great way to bond with family members, significant others, friends or yourself!
- Decorate a ginger bread house: Who doesn’t love to decorate an edible little house?
- Go sledding: Hopefully there is snow in your area where this is feasible.
- Watch your favorite Christmas movies: Freeform has 25 days of Christmas which is always a treat leading up to the day of Christmas.
- Drive around and look at Christmas lights: This is one of my favorite activities to do during the holidays. It is fun to see if the different neighborhoods collaborate.
- Give a gift to someone in need: Donating a gift to a children’s home, or a homeless shelter is rewarding and a great way to give back.
- Start on New Year’s Resolutions: Whether you stick to them or not, it is always fun to write something down and maybe try them out in the New Year.
- Go for a winter walk: Bundle up and enjoy the crisp winter air, and the beautiful scenery.
- Mail Christmas letters to family and friends: This is a great way to get people in the holiday spirit and remind them that you are thinking of them.
- Go to a Christmas festival wherever you are spending the holidays: In Albuquerque where I am from, there is a holiday event called the River of Lights, where the botanic garden areas are filled with different animals or objects in lights.