By: Sophia Romero
I have always loved and have been an advocate for music while driving. However, as I have stepped into adulthood, I have found myself wanting something more and different during my car rides. I have heard of different podcasts, but have never listened to them—until I downloaded Oprah’s Super Soul Conversations. Then I embarked on a love affair with podcasts, and chose to listen to them on long car rides consisting of more than an hour. So, if you’re like me, and are looking for a different routine for your next car ride, here are five podcasts you should be listening to.
- Dear Sugars: Cheryl Strayed and Steve Almond host this podcast. They read letters sent in from listeners and have guests discuss trivial issues and the letters sent in.
- Marie Forleo: Originally a TV show turned podcast. Marie Forleo’s podcast features guests anywhere from Tony Robbins, Elizabeth Gilbert or Cheryl Strayed on an array of topics about being your best self and achieving your dreams.
- Oprah’s Super Soul Conversations: After the Oprah Winfrey show ended, Oprah created her “OWN” network and has a segment called “Super Sunday Conversations.” The guests range from people such as: Joe Biden, authors and celebrities. The discussion ranges from their novel, meanings and truths of life they have learned. Now this syndicated show is a podcast. You can listen from the comfort of your car or home.
- Magic Lessons with Elizabeth Gilbert: Elizabeth Gilbert wrote the popular novels “Eat Pray Love” and “Big Magic.” In her podcast, she discusses the lessons she has learned and how to create a life without fear.
- The Daily: As someone on the go, it is sometimes impossible to sit down and read the news. Now, with the New York Times podcast, the most pressing story of the day is discussed by the host, Michael Barbaro, and a Times reporter.